Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

Can you believe that Christmas is just around the corner? No?  Me either.  But is it and I am SOOOO excited.  I love, love, Christmas!

In preparation for the season I am trying to create our family Christmas card.  Last year, I didn't do a very good job as everything snuck up on me, so this year I have been planning ahead.  In between work, potty training a 2-year old, Christmas shopping, holiday parties, wrapping gifts, fa la la la laaing and jingling all the way I have decided to get my Christmas card done...EARLY (as in before December 25th)!

I was super excited when I found out that Shutterfly is giving cards away to bloggers! Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly (want to get in on the fun? Click here)! There are so many to choose from, like these:

   

and they are so cute! Check them out here: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-photo-cards

If you don't know about Shutterfly, it is an amazing online photo service (and even better, it is FREE). I upload ALL of my photos there and make a family photo album each year.  It costs me about 1/3 of what I used to pay for Scrapbooking and it takes me about 1/8 of the time! Whether you just want regular 4 x 6 prints, photo albums, canvas wall art, calendars, cards, or stationery...they have a little bit of everything.  And, it is so easy to use that even your 90-year old grandma could do it!  They are even so cool that you can follow them on Facebook and Twitter!
It took me all of 20 minutes to find my card, upload my photos, customize my message, order and have them shipped...directly to my door!  They will even stamp and mail them for you!! GENIOUS. PURE, GENIOUS!

(Note to self: big fat checkmark on my to-do-list!)

The beauty is that people will think you hired some fantabulous graphic artist to design your card and that you paid some overpriced printer to print them for you and then slaved over them for days addressing, sealing and stamping those puppies!  Sometimes, what people don't know won't hurt them...but if you are like me and want to help your poor, overworked, tired mommy-friends...you'll share this little piece of Christmas joy with them too!

0 comments: