Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The culprit...

Looks like I figured out the reason Baileigh was so "whiny"... I'll spare you the gross details, but she had some not-so-nice drainage from her ear on Monday and then just walked around with her finger stuck in her ear. So we figured something was up - although she never once ran fever or acted like she was in pain.

Apparently, she has an ear infection that got so bad it ruptured her ear drum.

So, she is now on the Omnicef and anitbotic ear drops to help make sure the ear drum heals properly. Only one dose, and she already is acting like a different child. No more whining. The girl must have a high threshold for pain b/c Dr. Joe said it was highly unusual for a child to get an infection so bad that the ear drum ruptures without being in screaming pain.

Made me feel like a crappy mom...here she is with a raging infection that gets so bad her ear drum ruptures and I just think she is being cantankerous!

Live and learn...

After the attack of the allergies, mom's pneumonia, and ear infections and ruptured ear drums...what a yucky couple of weeks. I am ready for everyone to be well again!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor baby! Don't feel like a bad mommy....you never know with those ears. The same exact thing happened to one of my friends up here. My girls never run fever with their ear infections either. It is so hard to tell what is going on when they can't tell you what is wrong.

Hope she feels better! We missed seeing you in Birmingham. We will have to try and see you the next time we come down. Hope your mom is feeling better too.

Christie said...

Oh my goodness! How awful. Don't feel like a bad mommy. I have done the same thing. I don't think Raylin's ear drum busted, but she did have ear infections when I had no idea. We are actually going to an ENT on Monday to see about tubes!

The Howards said...

I hate that you guys have been so sick.. hopefully things will be back to good health soon!