Monday, May 18, 2009

It's just not always that pretty...

I've decided to post some photos that I took (a week ago). I was attempting to get some cute shots of Baileigh, but cooperating for the camera wasn't exactly high on her priority list. Eating dirt, leaves, and looking at bugs outranked the photo shoot that day!

I wasn't going to post these because, let's face it, they aren't very good...but I thought, what the heck. That's life! It's easy to make balancing children, family, friends, home, and a career look simple on a blog - but let's face it, that's just not reality. So, I've decided to let my illusions of maintaining a "perfect" life go and just get on with it!


ooohhh...is that a bug?


But why do I have to open my eyes?


Let's try one with nana...(and maybe a chip as a bribe?)


Trying to get one with mommy, since mommy is usually behind the camera...ummm, no, I'd rather eat this tasty leaf off the ground (as she shoves leaf into her mouth)


And, below, you will see what a "normal" dinner at our home really looks like! Please notice that she insists on feeding herself (but only when she eats "pasketti" - as it would be the messiest of all meals).


At least I didn't get one of her "sharing" her food with Smokey (our dog).
So, warts and all - this is our "perfect" life!






2 comments:

The Howards said...

These pictures are great.. and eating leaves isn't all that bad. I am sure there is some protein in there. Your hair looks cute... did you get it cut?

Keri said...

Whew, what a mess with the pasketti!